Developed by MHFA England, this course is designed for people who want to gain awareness of mental health in the workplace.
Mental Health First Aid Champion is a training course which gives people greater awareness of workplace mental health.
As a Mental Health First Aider Champion you will be able to detect early symptoms of common mental health illnesses and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone .
Please be aware that this course focuses on employees in the workplace and covers subjects that some people may find distressing, including suicide and self-harm. If a delegate feels overwhelmed they can leave the course at any time. Please discuss the content of the course with your proposed delegate before booking them on the course.
Upon successful completion of the course the students receive a Mental Health First Aider Champion certificate which remains valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
1⁄2 day Refresher is required over 3 years
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
Course Fee includes course book, refreshments and luncheon.
To enquire about this course please contact us via the form below.